Thursday, December 6, 2012

An Inconvenient Truth


I was not fond of the documentary An Inconvenient Truth. One reason the documentary did not appeal to me was that I am not an advocate of Global Warming, likely because of my conservative tendencies.  I decided it was best if I actually had some background on Global Warming. So instead of deeming Global Warming a lie without any background knowledge, I sucked it up and watched the film. Surprisingly I was shocked by the amount of evidence behind Global Warming. The filmmakers use of evidence and lectures made me want to trust Al Gore.   Because the films use of evidence made me question my thoughts on Global Warming, I did some research.

My favorite line from the Wall Street Journal article is as follows, "Every candidate should support rational measures to protect and improve our environment, but it makes no sense at all to back expensive programs that divert resources from real needs and are based on alarming but untenable claims of "incontrovertible" evidence." After watching the film I am not completely against Global Warming. Evidence exists which proves the levels in C02 rising and it damaging our ecosystem, but I do see Global Warming as an overreaction. Where do we plan on getting the money to fund programs benefiting Global Warming? We have a huge national debt. If I was a taxpayer I would be much more concerned about the national debt compared to Global Warming.

Another reason I did not like the documentary An Inconvenient Truth was the fact it was a documentary. Documentary’s tend to bore me with facts upon facts. I did think the documentary had good information in it. The film was one of more interesting documentary’s I have watched, but still I was not amused.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link. What impact do you think it would make to the Kansas economy if we switched from fossil fuels to wind energy?

    The English look good, but make sure that the plural of "documentary" is "documentaries."

    ReplyDelete